Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lasagna Party!

You're drooling right now, aren't you? It's okay. I was too. This is the gigantic lasagna I made a few weeks ago because I had a craving that needed attention. I used the recipe from Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis, and she mentioned that she has lasagna parties. I was thinking about how awesome that would be, and then it hit me...lasagna rehearsal dinner/small reception dinner! Think about it...it's really easy to assemble, you can customize them to suit pretty much every dietary need (vegetarian, gluten free noodles, vegan with soy cheese), and they would be so cheap to make. All you need is enough time, a large fridge for storage, and enough time and space to bake them. Who wouldn't want to chow down on a square of bubbly, comforting, cheesy carbs? That's pretty much what I live for.
P.S. Giada's recipe says that this is six servings. Six! This thing was massive. It took us over a week to finish it as both lunch and dinner. You could totally stretch the portions out if you serve it with a salad, maybe a little antipasto...whatever pleases you.

No comments:

Post a Comment