Friday, February 12, 2010

Facebook Thinks I'm Fat

So the first thing that happened when I changed my Facebook status to "engaged" was that I became a target. In the sidebar these ads started popping up for Bridal Weight Loss. One literally asked me, "Do you want to be a skinny bride?" Spew! I am officially disgusted. My friend who is also recently engaged said this happened to her to, and she was simillarly outraged.
Attention Mass Marketing: the purpose of being a bride is not to be skinny! This event should be a celebration, not a reason or impetus to crash diet. Do not give women another reason to worry about their appearance on a daily basis. We have enough of that, and it's taken FOREVER to finally get these kind of magazine spreads. Can you tell it makes me a little crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment